Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Research papers should preferably not exceed 7,500 words (excluding refs.). All manuscripts must contain: Abstract, Keywords, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion or Results and Discussion, Conclusions, Figures and/or Tables with Captions.
Review Papers should preferably not exceed 12,000 words (excluding refs.). Submissions of reviews and perspectives covering topics of current interest are welcome and encouraged.
Short Communications must not exceed 4,000 words. A Short Communication should be about a really novel feature with significant scientific merit.
Mini reviews must not exceed 4,000 words.